HumHub ONLYOFFICE connector
This plugin enables users to edit office documents from HumHub using ONLYOFFICE Docs.
The plugin is available in the official HumHub Marketplace.
- Currently the following document formats can be opened and edited with this plugin: DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, DOCXF, OFORM.
- The following formats are available for viewing only: ODT, ODS, ODP, DOC, XLS, PPT, TXT, PDF.
- The plugin will create a new Edit/View menu option for Office documents.
This allows multiple users to collaborate in real time and to save back those changes to HumHub.
- The following formats can be converted into OOXML: ODT, ODS, ODP, DOC, XLS, PPT, TXT, CSV.
Installing ONLYOFFICE Docs
You will need an instance of ONLYOFFICE Docs (Document Server) that is resolvable and connectable both from HumHub and any end clients.
If that is not the case, use the official ONLYOFFICE Docs documentation page. ONLYOFFICE Docs must also be able to POST to HumHub directly.
The easiest way to start an instance of ONLYOFFICE Docs is to use Docker.
Installing HumHub ONLYOFFICE connector
Either install it from HumHub Marketplace or simply clone the repository inside one of the folder specified by moduleAutoloadPaths parameter.
Please see HumHub Documentation for more information.
Configuring HumHub ONLYOFFICE connector
In order to configure plugin you must navigate to Administation -> Modules.
Find ONLYOFFICE plugin and click Configure.
Starting from version 7.2, JWT is enabled by default and the secret key is generated automatically to restrict the access to ONLYOFFICE Docs and for security reasons and data integrity.
Specify your own JWT Secret on the HumHub configuration page. In the ONLYOFFICE Docs config file, specify the same secret key and enable the validation.
How it works
- When creating a new file, the user will be provided with Document, Spreadsheet or Presentation options in the Create document menu.
- The browser invokes the index method in the /controllers/CreateController.php controller.
- Or, when opening an existing file, the user will be provided with View document or Edit document depending on an extension.
- A popup is opened and the index method of the /controllers/OpenController.php controller is invoked.
The app prepares a JSON object with the following properties:
- url - the URL that ONLYOFFICE Docs uses to download the document;
- callbackUrl - the URL that ONLYOFFICE Docs informs about status of the document editing;
- key - the random MD5 hash to instruct ONLYOFFICE Docs whether to download the document again or not;
- title - the document title (name);
- id - the user identification;
- name - the user name.
- HumHub takes this object and constructs a page from views/open/index.php template, filling in all of those values so that the client browser can load up the editor.
- Then ONLYOFFICE Docs downloads the document from HumHub and the user begins editing.
- ONLYOFFICE Docs sends a POST request to the callbackUrl to inform HumHub that a user is editing the document.
- When all users and client browsers are done with editing, they close the editing window.
- After 10 seconds of inactivity, ONLYOFFICE Docs sends a POST to the callbackUrl letting HumHub know that the clients have finished editing the document and closed it.
- HumHub downloads a new version of the document, replacing the old one.
Download the HumHub ONLYOFFICE connector here.