Frequently asked questions: Plugins and macros
- How to install plugins to the ONLYOFFICE editors?
Some plugins are installed by default. Switch to the Plugins tab to see the available ones.
To install additional plugins, see the desktop or on-premises installation instructions.
- How to adjust my plugin to the ONLYOFFICE style?
ONLYOFFICE offers its own style sheet in the plugin.css file
connected to the index.html file. Detailed instructions on connecting ONLYOFFICE styles to the editors can be found here.
- How to localize a plugin?
To localize a plugin, you need to do the following:
- Translate config.json sections.
- Localize index.html and plugin code files.
- Apply translations to plugin.
Further information about the localization can be found at this page.
- How can I create an About window for my plugin?
Use the plugin variations or subplugins to create an About window for your plugin or add extra plugin settings.
Have a look at the plugin example with two variations here.
In addition to two variations in the config, you also need to create an additional index_about.html file.
- Where to find the existing plugins available for integration?
All ready-to-use plugins are available in the ONLYOFFICE App Directory.
More plugin samples are listed on GitHub.
Feel free to fork them and use them as examples to create your own plugin.
- I packed the plugin folder to the archive, changed its extension to .plugin and added it to the editors. But it doesn’t work. What should I do?
Please make sure that your plugin archive doesn’t look the following way:
All the plugin files should be at the archive root, not in the subfolder. To do it, unpack the plugin folder first and then archive its elements only.
- Can I use Microsoft Office macros in ONLYOFFICE editors?
But this is not difficult to convert your previously used macros into the new format.
Some examples of converting MS VBA macros you can see here.
- Where can I find methods for writing macros?
- Can I make a macro global?
Macros are attached to the specific documents and there is no possibility to make them global.
However, you can write a plugin that will be loaded for all the users.